Most of the time, people go on Instagram to search for certain products or services and the best way for them to locate a person is either by searching through names, titles or via hashtags.
This means that, as a brand, when you want to create a compelling and visible profile you must make sure that you are easily searchable. It means that when a stranger searches for solutions or products in your field, your name must be able to come out on the top accounts.
Aside from your account being visible, your bio must be able to convert a stranger or first-time follower into your follower.
To achieve this result effectively, you must be able to input the following into your page:
1. YOUR NAME: Your name can be your personal name or a title that reflects what you do. For instance: “EMOTIONAL THERAPIST, BUSINESS COACH” etc. By using your title, it makes it easy for you to be found when a person needs your kind of service. Aside from that, it makes it easier for a person to decide to follow you after observing your profile. But when you are not clear about what you do and your profile doesn’t reflect who you are, you may end up losing more followers.
2. WHAT YOU DO: Your profile should describe what you do clearly. You can use a statement like “I help you create structure in your business via strategy and systems”. What this means is that it becomes easier for your kind of customers to stick with you.
3. THE LINK IN YOUR BIO: There should be a call to action in your bio that determines how people can work with you or connect with your services and products. Your bio can have a link to your YouTube video Blog, Payment link, etc. You can also use “Linktree” to add more than one link to your bio. Simply search for linktree on Google and create an account so you can put at least 5-6 links on your bio at once.
4. YOUR PICTURE: You should have a clear picture on your profile. If you are a personal brand, you should use a professional headshot and if you are a business, you can use your logo. Your picture should be clear and professional.
5. ICONS: Instagram icons help you to arrange a compendium of what you have shared in the past, testimonials, and services or products you offer to be reflected on your top profile for people to easily see it when they stumble on your page. It can serve as a mini-website. So design beautiful icons and put them in your highlight so that people can click on them to see past posts and important information.
It is time for you to go ahead and implement this on your profile page. This also applies to other social media platforms too.