Growing gracefully is one of the major goals to have in your Forties. To have a good health, you need to be emotionally sane and physically fit.
Having an emotionally stable mind can help you develop a good health lifestyle as you age gracefully.
Here are 5 tips on how to practice gratitude in your 40s.
- Start your day on a thankful note. The thoughts you build on during the day can make or mar your emotions. You need to pay attention to what you’re thinking as you flow through life on a daily basis. Be intentional about thanking God for your life, health, wealth, family and every other thing you’ve always wanted. The more grateful you are, the more increase you will experience.
- Learn to appreciate your loved ones by showing it. Sometimes, we take our family and friends for granted because they are always with us. When last did you show acts of love to your spouse, siblings or parents? When last did you plan a surprise? Take some time to appreciate your loved ones and create brighter memories that can be long lasting. Doing this helps you live from a positive perspective of what you have.
- Have a gratitude journal. You can also journal your experiences. Having a dairy where you record all your answered prayers, gifts and miracles have a way of reminding you when things get down. Discouragement can set in whenever there’s so much to do and little on your end or when you’re having blue experiences, take some time to remind yourself of God’s faithfulness and feel alive again.
- Face each challenges with a positive mindset and end. Challenges can help you build endurance and character in the long run. As you progress in your 40s, you need to have learnt what challenges do to you and how well to learn from it. See them as an opportunity to learn something new and bless other people lives by sharing your wisdom.
- Reach out to the people around you with love. As you progress through your 40s, don’t forget to share the love around. This is a time to start doing give back projects if you haven’t started already. You can decide to sponsor some people towards an experience you have had before or help the needy around you. You can also advocate for a cause and help other people find stability through you. This will give rise to appreciation from people and also be a point of reflection for you.
Looking at point 1 to 5, which points do you need to learn how to do more of from now?